Using “Inquiries”, you may ask an Account Specific question or request a copy of a letter/tax return/check or ask General Topic questions. Our precautions may increase processing time, and we would like to ask for your patience as we strive to provide the protection you have come to expect and deserve. If you need to reach us at this time, please contact us via email using the appropriate email address from the Department directory or schedule a virtual or telephone appointment.
- Using Where’s My Refund is the easiest way to check on your refund.
- If your refund has been lost, destroyed or stolen, please request another check.
- For a list of the most common statuses you may see as we process your return, see Understand your refund status, above.
- Find out what these e-file status messages mean and what to expect next.
- Select the type of refund status message you received for an explanation of your return and refund status.
After four attempts, you won’t be able to access your status for 24 hours. To resolve your issue, review the Social Security number and refund amount you entered to confirm they’re correct. Our representatives cannot provide your requested refund amount, even after verifying your identity. Due to budget constraints and staff reductions, we estimate processing of paper returns to take 30 days. Save yourself some time next year and consider electronically filing your tax return. We don’t have a refund status for every processing step.
Check my Refund Status
We translate some pages on the FTB website into Spanish. These pages do not include the Google™ translation application. For a complete listing of the FTB’s official Spanish pages, visit La página principal en español (Spanish home page). This Google™ translation feature, provided on the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) website, is for general information only.
- We encourage all Montanans to file early and electronically.
- We understand COVID-19 impacts all aspects of our community.
- Resubmit your tax return only if all of the items above apply to you.
- Unless your return is selected for additional review, or we request additional information, this will be your status throughout processing until we schedule a refund issue date.
- Local, state, and federal government websites often end in .gov.
- If it’s been more than 15 days since your direct deposit issue date and you haven’t received it yet, see Direct deposit troubleshooting tips.
- If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.
You can check the status of your 2022 income tax refund 24 hours after e-filing. Please allow 3 or 4 days after e-filing your 2020 and 2021 tax year returns. If you filed a paper return, please allow 4 weeks before checking your status.
Amended Tax Returns
Most refund checks were issued within approximately four weeks; however, some may have taken longer. If you have not received your Individual Income Tax refund, you may check the status of it at Where’s My Refund. If you filed a joint return, please enter the first Social Security number shown on your return. In the refund box below, enter the exact amount of refund you requested, including dollars and cents.
Please verify the refund amount you have entered and verify that you are using the primary SSN for the return/refund. You may want to try using a Letter ID instead of the refund amount. We may have made an adjustment to your return that caused a change in your refund. You should receive a Notice of Adjustment explaining our change and your new refund amount. Review our Received a Notice page for more information about this notice. For more information about how to request a review, please visit Workingfamiliescredit.wa.gov/Review.
Get answers to common refund questions
But you can avoid the wait by using the automated phone system. Filing the same tax return again typically won’t speed up your refund, and could even lead to delays. To ensure that all sectors of Hawaii’s economy, especially those that transact business in cash, pay their fair share of taxes. Online filing for the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program is now available for eligible Pennsylvanians to begin claiming rebates on property taxes or rent paid in 2022. The agency should contact us if they wish to release the refund to you. Using “Account Services”, when you create an account, you are only required to answer the verification questions one time for each tax year.
Select the type of refund status message you received for an explanation of your return and refund status. Your status messages might include refund received, refund approved, and https://kelleysbookkeeping.com/ refund sent. Find out what these e-file status messages mean and what to expect next. View our state list to check your refund status from the states where you lived and worked.
Generally, you can file an online claim for a replacement check if it’s been more than 28 days from the date we mailed your refund. Will give you detailed information about filing a claim Check The Status Of Your Refund if this situation applies to you. Learn more about identity theft and tax refund fraud, how to detect it, how to avoid it, and how to report it if you believe you are a victim.
Having your refund direct deposited on your H&R Block Emerald Prepaid Mastercard®110Go to disclaimer for more details allows you to access the money quicker than by mail. H&R Block’s bank (Pathward, N.A.) will add your money to your card as soon as the IRS approves your refund. The IRS usually sends out refunds within three weeks, but sometimes it can take a bit longer. For example, the IRS may have a question about your return. Here are other common reasons for a delayed tax refund and what you can do.
Your Refund Status
Using “Guest Services”, you are required to answer verification questions each time you access a different option. For more information on refunds, use INTIME’s secure messaging to contact DOR Customer Service. All other payment methods—It might take up to 30 days for the statement to show the refund. If you don’t see the refund after 30 days, contact your financial institution. If you don’t have a copy of your return, see I don’t have a copy of my tax return.
You cannot use Check Your Refund Status to view the status of a payment. If it has been over 90 days since you filed your return or if you are being prompted by Where’s My Refund, please contact us. However, staff members do look at some returns manually to see whether the taxpayer filed income, deductions, and credits correctly. Wait 12 weeks to check your refund if you filed a paper return. You may have entered the wrong Social Security number or refund amount. After four attempts using the wrong information, you won’t be able to check your refund status for 24 hours.
Check Your Refund Status Online
If your refund has been lost, destroyed or stolen, please request another check. Processing times will be different for each application and will depend on your unique tax situation. If we apply your refund or credit to any debts, we will notify you by mail. To receive a notification, you first need to create an Online Services account. See Sign up for electronic communications for instructions and more information. If you don’t have a copy of your return, log in to the software you used to file to view a copy.
- To find out if the Illinois Department of Revenue has initiated the refund process.
- You may find additional information when you check your refund status in TAP, including actions you must take, such as responding to a verification letter.
- Filing the same tax return again typically won’t speed up your refund, and could even lead to delays.
- After we have received and processed your return, we will provide you with an updated status as the refund moves through our system.
- See Consumer Bill of Rights Regarding Tax Preparers for more information.
- If your refund status says we sent you a letter requesting additional information, see Respond to a letter for more information and to review our checklists of acceptable proof.